Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week 9 - Buffer & Overlays



Q1: Which tool did you use? Was there any noticeable difference between its results and the results from the instructions?


I tried using the Update tool since, in the chart it most closely resembled the output AND, according to the diagram, is the only one where I would not have lost data. It did not work as I expected though, as it seems to have assembled the results into single polygons.


Q2: Which tool did you use here? Why?


I used Erase to remove the conservation areas from the areas in Buffers_Union_Single
since, by the definition and the diagram, it is exactly what I wanted to accomplish.



Q3: How many features are in this layer? What is the area of the largest feature? What is the area of the smallest feature?


There are 79 features in this layer. The largest is FID=10 with 7765034.493 square meters and the smallest is FID=33 with 748.114462 square meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment